Thanks for visiting!
Welcome to the
Alliance Performance Center of Tucson's
Every non-profit organization MUST conduct regular fundraising campaigns.
The APCOT THEATER is no different! In order to create and maintain a facility in which Tucson's many fine performing arts organizations and groups can perform, we must continue to fundraise.
Theatre is important to the community, people of all ages.
First, theatre does no harm.
Theatre is a sophisticated expression of a basic human need, an instinct, to mimic, project stories onto ourselves and others, and create meaning through narrative and metaphor. Theatre represents life!
Theatre brings people together.
Theatre models for us a kind of public discourse that lies at the heart of democratic life, and builds our skills for listening to different sides of a conversation or argument, and empathizing with the struggles of our fellow human beings whatever their views may be.
Both the making of theatre and attending of theatre contribute to education and literacy. Watching the characters talk back and forth in the theatre is tricky; it requires sharp attention, quick mental shifts, and nimble language skills.
Theatre as an industry contributes to our economy and plays a special role in the revitalization of neglected neighborhoods. We've seen this quite clearly in our own city.
Theatre influences the way we think and feel about our own lives and encourages us to take a hard look at ourselves, our values, and our behavior.
Therefore, we are asking for your help. Contribute to the APCOT THEATER. There will be many rewards.
Some major points regarding children!
For your children, theatre and theatre training, teaches children confidence, Consistent participation of children greatly improves academic performance and significantly bumps up standardized test scores.
Students who make time for the arts are also more involved in community service, and less likely to drop out of school. And we’re not just talking about upper middle class kids. These facts remain, regardless of a child’s socio-economic background.
Theater makes for smarter, braver, human beings.
Theater helps connect the head to the heart
Plus, 1,000+ additional results!
If you'd like to see live productions, classes, healthy, vibrant children and concerts, please send donations directly to:
8892 East Tanque Verde
Tucson, AZ 85749
The funniest, clean, old, straight, Republican, Gentile in America!
Possibly the funniest man in the country....okay, Arizona....well, how about Tucson?
And Special Guest Performers
a - 501(c)(3) organization
Saturday, September 10 7:00 p.m.
all seats $25
8892 E. Tanque Verde Rd.
FUNDAMENTALS of BEGINNING ACTING:101
Tuesdays, September 20 thru October 25 - 3:30 to 6:00 p.m.
Ages 16 to 25
Fee: $120 (six-week course)
Call: 520-838-0011 for information
- Learn the basics of movement, upstaging, walking hand use.
- Learn theatre vocabulary.
- Develop knowledge of the stage components.
- Develop ease on stage.
- Learn to listen, relate and improvise.
- Expand physical and vocal range, projection, flexibility, creativity, and stamina.
- Learn the ability to express emotionDevelop confidence, spontaneity, sensitivity, and imagination through improvisational exercises.
- Develop techniques for learning lines.
- Develop dynamic energy flow through relaxation and concentration.
- Develop analytical skills through peer critiques and self-analyses.
- Explore realistic acting through scene-work and monologues. Learn to make clear, well-informed, interesting and compelling choices in the work. Understand what you are saying.
- Develop self-confidence, trust, and sensitivity to self and others through an interactive and cooperative work process.
- Develop audition monologues